Credits

The Designers Chic

My New Home

My New Home
Zorlone - Filipino Poet and Writer

My Other Site

My Other Site
140 Flash Fiction

Recommended Sites

My Tech Support
Qlick Cafe's Qlick Blog

My Photographer
Kelvinonians Idea 2.0

Three hours


0726200920442353


8:44pm

Inching my way through dreaded traffic,
on a Sunday night, weary and rain-sick.

Rain fell like lemon drops on my windshield,
smearing the transparent glass with a taste - sour-filled.


9:35pm

The lively sounds on the careless radio,
contradicted the atmosphere's depot.

Wild horns of angry cars prepared to fight,
while my mind was preoccupied with the urge to go home tonight.


10:57pm

The procession of commuters simply continued
as the cars behind me deliberately counter-flowed.

The volume of vehicles spilled over,
while water spew out of manholes' fervor.


11:53pm

The slow crawl of unhappy crowd ceased intently,
flying past the remnants of the flooded streets hungrily.

A sigh of relief brought home, yet less vigor,
this tired and worn out lonesome driver.



Picture courtesy of Zorlone while driving last Sunday night

Recommend Site