The Designers Chic

My New Home

My New Home
Zorlone - Filipino Poet and Writer

My Other Site

My Other Site
140 Flash Fiction

Recommended Sites

My Tech Support
Qlick Cafe's Qlick Blog

My Photographer
Kelvinonians Idea 2.0


The rat was a goner


A thud sounded loudly in the kitchen.

Behold, a rat, running amok!

Clambering through pots and pans,

dangling its dirty tail behind.

Each step it made, disgusted me.

For I know why it ran and hid.

“Get him!” my mother cried out loud.

Hurriedly, I grabbed a club.

I swung it over, but the rat was guile, and it

jumped crazily, faced me, as if  to smile.

Knocking the plates, banging the pans.

Luckily I was able to corner it,

motionless, it stared back.

“No!” as if it begged

“Oh! You think you can fool me?” I said.

Plead as much as you want.

Quickly I swung my club,

ran it went, briskly I followed. It

searched for more places to hide.

Tossed out hindrances, I tried.

Under the table it went and I trailed.

Viola! One swing I caught its head.

Whimpering at first, then it went still.

X-living is zilch!

You know this house is clean,

zany was the rat, but gone it is. 

Definition of ABC poem

An ABC poem has a series of lines that create a mood, picture, or feeling. Lines are made up of words and phrases. The first word of line 1 begins with an A, the first word of line 2 begins with a B etc.

*this poem was also submitted to helium

Recommend Site