Credits

The Designers Chic

My New Home

My New Home
Zorlone - Filipino Poet and Writer

My Other Site

My Other Site
140 Flash Fiction

Recommended Sites

My Tech Support
Qlick Cafe's Qlick Blog

My Photographer
Kelvinonians Idea 2.0

The Cross










*this picture was posted with permission from deyedoctor


The Cross

P071493-08320848M

 

 

Cross

            Made out of wood, iron, or string,

            looked weary around the neck of any sinner.

            Dangled side to side as it swung,

slipped, loosened, untwined from the Scapular.

 

Scapular

            Embraced firmly to the old cross,

             slipped helplessly away.

            Squeezed out all the memories within,

            the old worn out fragile string.

 

String

            Black as the hair of a damsel

            corrupted by the heart of a sinner.

            Weak as a mortal who sought redemption

            it bore the weight of the metallic Cross.

 

Cross

            Looked wearily and innocently at me

            slowly revealed its intentions.

            The framework that humbly aim to carry,

            the figure of the forgotten Christ.

 

Christ

            Humbly waited for my decisive actions

            that reflected these sins in my hands.

            It showed me the truth, reclaimed my beliefs,

            kept me alive, then I asked for forgiveness.


This poem was posted at helium

Recommend Site