Credits

The Designers Chic

My New Home

My New Home
Zorlone - Filipino Poet and Writer

My Other Site

My Other Site
140 Flash Fiction

Recommended Sites

My Tech Support
Qlick Cafe's Qlick Blog

My Photographer
Kelvinonians Idea 2.0

The Night Duty


Taken with permission from jerb's flickr account

It was 4am, but patients at the ER (Emergency Room) were still a handful. This was the first time that Madeline volunteered at a referral hospital. The cases ranged from gunshot wounds, heart attacks, stokes, and vehicular accidents. She patiently tended to each one of them.

Every gentle touch eased the agony and pain from each of those patients. Her voice was soothing, her eyes reflecting the fond memories of patients she had generously nurtured within her wings. These evoked a serene countenance on her face. Although her green scrub suit was dirty with blood and sweat, her form blended well in the chaos of the bustling ER.

Read the complete story HERE

Recommend Site